Feb Fast, That's What!
Okay so I have to admit I am not a maker of resolutions because I think that on the whole you make (and by you I mean me) make all sorts of ridiculous goals and by Jan 3rd I'm back to doing what I do and feeling like a complete failure!
Have you guys heard of Feb Fast? Basically the idea is that, they say it takes 28 days to form a habit and Feb of course is 28 days also being the shortest month you can kid yourself that it's not going to be that bad.
In all honesty I wasn't completely happy with the things I did in 2013, I blogged a lot but I only did one room. Not only that but we ate a lot of takeaway while I wasted too much time on-line and so we've decided that we are going to partake in Feb Fast.
Our 28 day goals are as follows:
1. Give up Coke Zero, we are not coffee drinkers, in fact the only time you will find a little jar of the instant stuff is if we know we are entertaining coffee drinker, but Coke Zero is our major caffeine fix. This will be the hardest one for both of us.
2. No take away food, I finally got my oven replaced so there is no excuse, we are experiencing a ridiculously hot Summer over here but how hard is it to throw a few steaks on the barbie and make a side salad when it's too hot to cook inside the house.
3. No alcohol, yes bye bye wine for 28 days and beer for Jule's. It's not like I drink every day but in Summer I do have more than my usual Friday night bottle.
4. Buy nothing new. The new school year has just started and of course we've had holidays and Christmas which drains the savings and leaves us a little stretched, we've committed to not buying one single new thing for Feb Fast. If something breaks and we can't fix it for free then it will just have to wait. The idea behind this is we know that I tend to buy the odd cheeky craft supply when I'm out or Jule's likes to wander the games stores or the hardware stores and all those little things add up. So in getting our budget back on track we are concentrating on one month of stopping mindless spending.
5. Limit on-line time to a total of 2 hours per day, This is huge for me all those "quick" Facebook checks and Pinterest pit stops add up!
So it will be a bit of a challenge and I will report back once a week to track how we went.
Who wants to join me in Feb Fast? If you're joining then let me know what you're giving up or taking up it doesn't have to be negative it might be something positive committing to an exercise plan for 28 days, or something like that.
Come on we can do it!
Thanks for reading,